Monday 6 June 2016

Old Pennar School - latest update on the intended demolition.


If you have not read the previous blog post on the subject of the demolition of Old Pennar School, then please take time to read the post here. It will give you context for this post.


The information I had received regarding the imminent start of the demolition of Old Pennar School was inaccurate and in response to the email I sent Mr Sinnett regarding this (see previous post) on 5 June 2016, I have received the prompt reply below


From: Nigel Sinnett
Sent: ‎05/‎06/‎2016 09:11
To: Adrian James
Cc: Subject: Re: Old Pennar School


Not true

What is your source?

Sent from my iPhone


I sent the reply below as soon as I could after reading Mr Sinnett's response.



From: Adrian James 
Sent: 05 June 2016 16:05
To: Nigel Sinnett
Cc: Subject: RE: Old Pennar School

Dear Nigel

Thanks for the re-assurance that the demolition is not imminent. I was surprised to hear that the school might be demolished without me being told and I am glad that the inaccurate report seems to have been a case of "Chinese whispers".

My source was someone who lives in Pembrokeshire who had been told this by a normally reliable person "in the know".

I apologise for this mistake, but equally I still feel that the loss of the school is both unnecessary and a major snub to the community of Pennar.

I am sure that I will hear from  you or Sam Stalbow in the not too distant future when the contract for the destruction of the school has been settled.

Best wishes

Adrian

Sent from my Windows Phone so apologies for typos.




As I posted elsewhere (Facebook Group - Pennar, Pembroke Dock in Old Photographs), at 0926 yesterday,

I have heard from Mr Nigel Sinnett today saying that the demolition is not imminent. He seemed it would look as though there has been some misunderstanding. He seems like an honourable man and I am glad that PHA has not gone against its word about keeping me (us) informed about when demolition will take place.

If anyone else picks up information about the future (or the past) of Old Pennar School, and when the demolition is to take place, please do get in touch. My confidence in the fact that Pembrokeshire Housing Association will keep me (us) informed of their plans has been restored after a shaky 24 hours!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to hear readers comments. Politeness and civility at all times please!